Saturday, December 04, 2004

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like...

Christmas. By southern California standards anyway. This morning we saw a Common Yellowthroat in the rose bushes in front of the house. I've decided that this will from now on be the signal that the yuletide season is upon us.

But the real indicator of Christmas season is the abundance of TV specials. I really like watching Rudolph, The Grinch, Frosty, etc. with my kids. It also gives me an opportunity to trot out the really bad joke i made up several years ago: What do Xmas specials and fishing tournaments have in common? They both involve Rankin' Bass. Hah! Right now we're watching The Year Without a Santa Claus. You know, the one with Heat Miser and Cold Miser. It occurred to me that in the real world, the story would have ended when the elves flew into Southtown with Vixen the reindeer. I mean come on, a deer that flies? It'd be like deer hunting and duck hunting combined into one sport. They'd have never made it to the ground alive.


No comments: