Friday, January 09, 2009

Re-Employed

I was gonna entitle this post "Laid On", but that sounds oddly obscene. Anyway, today i finished my first week at a new gig, another Internet start-up called ProQuo. A good friend and former Yahoo! colleague is running the development side there, and so it was an easy transition. I'm doing the same variety of stuff i've been doing for the last few years, though there's no music involved and the scale is smaller. ProQuo's main business is automating the process of stopping junk mail and other types of direct marketing. It was a good first week. I like the people, the technology is nice, and i get to do Python! (geek).

The only big change is that i have a commute for the first time in about 5 years. It's not too bad-- the 56 makes it much better than my former commute into Sorrento Valley. Also, i have a MacBook Pro as my desk machine, which is the first time i've used a Mac regularly since my days at the Supercomputer Center. I spend probably half my time in the bash shell typing commands at Linux boxes, so i'm not taking full advantage of the capabilities.

1 comment:

J said...

Congrats! It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :-)