Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Surprise

Yesterday i went to a surprise birthday party for my friend Vincent, and it also happened to be the birthday of biking pal Tom. I can't remember the last time i was at a party on a Monday night. My gift to both was a bottle of McCallan's single-malt Scotch, so i'm having a bit of trouble getting started today.

Charlie told me about his surfing trip to Indonesia. Tom N. told me about he and Vincent rock-climbing in Joshua tree. We discussed skiing at Mammoth and mountain-bike night rides and backpacking in Hawaii. So, it occurred to me that i'm about due for a bit of an adventure. The only thing close is my birthday bike ride next month, and i might have recruited a few of them to go with me to try riding up the south side of Palomar. But i think i need something a touch more grand. This here looks like fun.




No comments: